Mindfulness Workshops – An Introduction
If you are interested in gauging how many people within your organisation are interested in attending a Mindfulness course , it is worth considering running a number of two-hour workshops or, a full day introduction to mindfulness.
Mindfulness workshops offer you the opportunity to experience some of the exercises and practices before committing to a full Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course or Coaching Programme.
You will have the chance to:
- ask questions about the courses
- get a taste of some of the exercises
- experience the various learning formats
- learn about our teaching style and approach to mindfulness
The Mindfulness Workshops are facilitated by Jo Clarke, who is a Mindfulness Consultant and Trainer. Jo will introduce you to exercises and mindfulness meditation practices that can be easily integrated into every day life, at work and at home, straight away. Whether you have experienced a mindfulness course previously or you are new to mindfulness, everyone is welcome. Many people have still not heard of Mindfulness and do not therefore have an understanding of what it is and how it can be used. These workshops offers the chance to experience a taster before embarking on the full gold standard course.
Full day introduction to mindfulness
During the full day, you will be invited to take part in a mindfulness morning, with practices and time for self-reflection and an afternoon of gentle mindful movement. For the days at Horwood House, you will be treated to a delicious 2-course lunch and use of the gym and swimming pool. If you’d like to make a weekend of it, you are welcome to book an overnight stay in the hotel.
The introductory workshop is slightly more functional. If you and your team are unable to take a whole day off work, you can book a workshop either onsite or off-site, or online, whichever your preference. Costs vary depending on your choice.
These Workshops are for you & your team, if:
- you have no idea what Mindfulness is!
- you’re struggling with workplace stress
- you’re an absolute beginner and have never tried Mindfulness before
- you have anxiety or regularly feel anxious
- you have been using a Mindfulness App but have not managed to keep up your practice (this is not unusual, so don’t be hard on yourself!)
- you suffer with recurrent depression
- you have been trying to learning mindfulness from a book but find it difficult to remember what the pages say before practicing the meditations!
- you have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and / or chronic pain
- you have previously attended an MBSR course with Inner Space Works or elsewhere and would find it helpful to have a refresher
During the workshops, you will be given information about the full 8 week Mindfulness MBSR Course structure and the opportunity to ask questions about mindfulness and the courses we run.
We’re currently booking for the following mindfulness workshops: