If you’re looking learn mindfulness or take a mindfulness course yourself, you’ve come to the right place!
Inner Space Works offers Mindfulness Stress Reduction Courses in a variety of formats. Our courses are all based on the Gold Standard Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course that can be adapted to suit your requirements.
Things to consider when booking one of our mindfulness stress reduction courses:
- Mindfulness is experiential, so you will need to be willing to practice the guided mindfulness meditations in between the teaching sessions, with the support of audio tracks and videos
- You will need to commit to the programme for a minimum of 8 weeks, depending on the format of the course or training programme (live teaching sessions are generally led once a week)
- Mindfulness training works best when you approach the programme with an open mind. By open, we don’t mean uncluttered (this is something that mindfulness can assist with), simply open to new experiences and ways of working
Formats of Mindfulness Courses
An 8-week MBSR Mindfulness course is the most common and well-researched structure for learning Mindfulness. MBSR stands for Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and is the Gold Standard, 8-week teacher-led programme.
There are a number of different structures, depending on whether you choose to train face-to-face or online;
- 8, weekly face-to-face group teaching sessions, each of 2 hours
- 4, fortnightly face-to-face group teaching sessions, each of 4 hours
- 8, weekly online group teaching sessions, each of 90 minutes
- 8, weekly online 1-2-1 teaching sessions, each of 60 minutes
As part of the group face-to-face course, there is an additional all-day practice. This usually takes place after session 6.
To get the most from the course, we recommend that you choose a time when you can commit to the regular teaching sessions and you are able to make time to practice before the next session. Find out more about 1-2-1 sessions here.
We’re currently taking bookings for the following courses: