Inner Space Works is run by Qualified Counsellor / Psychotherapist, Jo Clarke (MBACP).
Whatever has brought you here today, you are very welcome. Please take a look around my website to get a feel for the way I work, and if you have any questions at all, please contact me.
I offer short and long-term counselling for adults, depending on your preference and needs, and we will work together at your pace.
The counselling sessions are held in-person in North Norfolk and Norwich City Centre or online, offering a confidential and non-judgemental space, where you will be supported to work through any issues and obstacles you may be experiencing now, in the past or worrying about for the future.
I have counselling practices in Sheringham, North Walsham and Norwich City Centre. See locations page for more details.
For your peace of mind, I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), adhering to their ethical framework. I am fully qualified and insured.
Why choose a private counsellor?
- No waiting list
- You can choose the type of therapy
- Select a counsellor who suits you
- Flexibility of appointment days and times
- A one-to-one professional, impartial therapeutic relationship
- Easy access
What can you expect from me?
Taking the first step to have therapy can be daunting. Thoughts might be in your mind of “what’s wrong with me?”, “why am I crying so much?”, “why do I feel so nervous every day?”.
If you have never been to counselling before, you might also be wondering how it all works. Within the counselling sessions, you will have the space to talk about any worries and concerns in your own way. What you can expect from me is a space of:
- Collaborative therapy
- Ethical practice
- Engaging process
- Non-advisory emotional support
What can you expect from counselling?
- Self discovery
- Increased self-awareness
- A better understanding of what’s going on for you and why
- Have more clarity
- Work through historical trauma
- Gain an understanding of why you feel angry, sad, frustrated, emotional, out of control, anxious, worried.
- In-person counselling offers you a private space that is separate from other parts of your life
- The journey time to and from your appointment offers you space to process and to have a clear ending of the therapy session, transitioning into your life
- You might prefer to be ‘in person’ for your counselling appointment
I offer face-to-face appointments in North Norfolk and Norwich City Centre. I also work remotely throughout the UK.
Finding what works for you is important.
I offer the same high level quality of counselling service over the telephone, online via Zoom and in-person.
Here’s some more information about remote counselling that you might find useful:
- Remote counselling is accessible if you have transport / travel issues
- Telephone and Online counselling are accessible if you have mobility issues as you can connect with me from the comfort of your own home
- Requires no travel to and from the appointment, which can save time and money
It is important to be in a private space for your remote counselling session, so please ensure that you are somewhere you will not be interrupted or overheard, so that you can speak freely. You may also find it less anxiety-provoking to have your sessions remotely due to worries about Covid-19
- If you would like to have a chat about how to start your counselling journey, please contact me, Jo Clarke