In week 7 of the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course, you will have the opportunity to explore your daily activities, discovering those that are nourishing and discussing how you can increase the level of nourishment.
If you are struggling to think of nourishing activities, especially whlst we are all in self-isolation, then this list may help.
Feel free to add your own and perhaps try some new activities that you haven’t tried before. If you have children, this may be a fun challenge for them – To list out as many nourishing activities as they can and to plot them into the calender for the coming weeks.
Also, bring awareness and gentle curiosity to those activities that can be depleting. These can be changed, if nudged a little.
Not everything has to be black or white, good or bad. We can find things that are useful and nourishing hidden in the grey matter or the ‘neutral’ zone.
- Watch your favourite movie
- Read a book that gives you pleasure
- Have a nice hot bath or shower
- Take a nap
- Treat yourself to your favourite food without feeling guilty
- Make and drink your favourite hot drink
- Go for a walk (maybe with the dog or someone from the same household as you*)
- Phone or video call* a friend
- Paint something
- Take photographs of objects around your house*
- Exercise – Try something new or something you know you will enjoy
- Practice some gentle Qi Going
- Cook and eat an enjoyable meal
- Watch something funny or uplifting on TV
- Listen to some ‘feel good’ music
- Do some gardening
* These have been adapted slightly because of Coronavirus, but they may still be relevant after we are through this crisis.